Out with the old and in with the new. Word of mouth was great, but we’re not in the Stone Age anymore. It’s now an outdated way to gain new customers. If you aren’t using online marketing strategies to gain new clients, then those potential customers are going to your competitors.
You have a ton on your plate already running your HVAC business, free up time, and get the results you need. The digital transformation has turned the page into an I-need-it-now society. Information is a click away if your information isn’t a click away you’re doing a disservice to yourself.
- Consumers spend an average of 9 hours a day on digital media.
- The average internet user waits 3 seconds for a web page to load before clicking the back button.
- 92% of consumers research their HVAC contractors online.
- 75% of online consumers expect a reply to an online chat within five minutes.
1. Build a better HVAC Website
Did you know that 75% of people judge the legitimacy of a company by their website design? Everyone has a smartphone these days, which means your website must be mobile-friendly. Also, 57% of consumer visits to HVAC companies online are via mobile devices. If the website is effortless to use, they are not going to research another company.
Website security has never been more scrutinized than now. Security is a massive trust factor, once broken it is nearly impossible to fix. You’re in luck if your website has HTTPS, this means your site is secure.
2. Search Engine Optimization – SEO
SEO or search engine optimization is the process of growing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website to users of a specific search engine. SEO carries massive weight with HVAC companies because you want locals to be pushed to your site.
Search engines use over 200 different factors while placing your website. You cannot pay Google for a specific position. You can pay for a PPC ad and have the necessary criteria to gain that oh-so-important first-page ad. If your site isn’t optimized properly potential customers will not find you.
- About 97% of consumers search online for local businesses.
- 82% of smartphone users use big search engines when searching for a local business.
- Google receives over 75,000 searches per second.
3. Local Listings
The best way to skyrocket up and in front of your customers is to simply be found on the sites they search on.
Google’s search result algorithms observe all of the following:
- Proximity to the searcher
- Consistent business information throughout all social media platforms and local listing aggregates
- Website structure
- Links between your website and online local directories
- Make sure the website is mobile-friendly
The first page of Google is extremely important. You do not exist if not found on the first page and this is because 75% of people never pass the first page. Google holds 90.1% of all search engine searches made last year.
4. Use a Lead-Generating Blog
Did you know that adding a blog to your website has the potential to increase the ranking within search engines by 400%? Blogs that relate to consumers who visit HVAC websites hit a need. Topics like: emergency repair, inspections, and maintenance would mean a ton to consumers.
5. Google Local Service Ads
The hierarchy of Google goes: Google’s Local Service ads, then pay-per-click ads, followed by the local pack, and finally organic searches. You need to be in the first two categories to make the most out of your online presence.
How to get Google Local Service Ads:
- Apply for Google Guarantee
- Ads are then eligible to show at the top of Google’s search results.
- The customer calls you, and you are charged only per qualified lead.
6. Gain HVAC Leads with Pay-Per-Click Ads
Pay-per-click ads or better known as PPC ads are listings you pay for that appear under Google Local Service Ads. 75% of customers say paid search ads make it simpler to find the information they need when navigating online.
Is this worth it for HVAC companies? Absolutely! Our clients have seen a 700% to 1000% return on investment.
- 33% of people click on paid ads because it directly answers their search queries.
- 89% of online traffic generated by Google Ads is not replaced by an organic search, while the ads are turned off.
- 76% of customers who search for something nearby on their smartphone will visit that business within a day.
- 62% of marketers will increase their PPC budgets for the upcoming year.
7. Social Media Platforms
HVAC Social Media Marketing is a great way to increase visibility to potential customers. Instagram, Facebook, and Nextdoor would be the main focus. Each social media attracts a segmented market.
Instagram attracts a younger crowd, 90% of Instagram users are under 35 years old. This is a fantastic way to get your business out to a younger audience. On Instagram, the best way to have your business seen is through hashtags. Hashtags are searchable words that are used on captions to pictures. You can use as many hashtags as you want, this gives the post an abundance of potential avenues.
Facebook is a great option as well. The HVAC target audience uses this social media platform, so it is very important to have a Facebook page. Facebook ads are another route that can be taken. Yes, you will have to purchase Facebook ads, but it hits a different audience than PPC ads.
Nextdoor is as common as the others and has a significant impact. Nextdoor is where communities come together to keep a local shopkeeper in business. Neighbors exchange recommendations on all sorts of things from babysitters, local events, tips for local restaurants. This is the app to get your HVAC business out to the local community.
What do you do when you don’t know how to do something? You look up a video to explain how it’s done. YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google. 86% of U.S. users say they use YouTube to learn something new. The best option when making videos is to place them on platforms where the target audience will best see it.
Consider these strategies while making videos:
- Limit videos to two minutes, viewers dislike long videos.
- Upload videos to YouTube and your website.
- Add videos to blogs.
- Add videos on social media platforms.
9. HVAC Email Marketing
Email marketing keeps your business connected to its consumers. This allows you to inform your network about promotions, as well as keeping them in the loop about all things HVAC.
- The average open rate for a welcome email is 82%.
- Personalized subject lines on your email will result in 50% higher open rates.
- Videos increase the click rate by 300%.
- 81% of small businesses rely on email as their only customer acquisition route.
- 61% of customers like receiving promotional emails.
10. Manage & Market Online Reviews
Online reviews are way more important than most of us realize. You can’t be complacent after a few great reviews. Low ratings and even a lack of enough ratings will turn potential customers away.
- 91% of millennials trust online reviews as much as a family or friend’s suggestion.
- Users reading a review on a mobile device are 127% more likely to make that purchase than desktop users.
- Google leads the pack with 57.5% of all reviews.
- 85% of users do not trust reviews over 3 months old.