Make your marketing personal so your audience will trust you.
According to the National Pest Management Association, US residents spend about $7.00 Billion Each year on pest control.
Homeowners, landlords, and property managers need to rely on the most trusted and efficient pest control companies to keep rodents and insects at bay. So, how do you set your business apart from the competition?
This is where digital marketing comes into play for your pest control business! Keep reading to learn how to build your online presence and reach more customers with the right online marketing strategy.
5 WAYS TO MARKET YOUR PEST CONTROL BUSINESS
1. START NETWORKING YOUR BUSINESS WITHIN YOUR COMMUNITY
You’re the face of your business, so any networking opportunity is an opportunity to promote what you do. You should always be prepared to talk about your company and the services you provide. When you do have conversations with potential customers, you’ll want to make sure they remember you. The best place to follow up with customers is on social media, it’s an open friendly environment where people are more willing to chat.
Make sure you always carry with you:
- Networking materials in one place
- Lots of business cards
- Promotional materials.
- Prepare engaging questions
2. GET YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
The internet is where people go to research services and this is no different when it comes to researching pest control companies. A website gives customers a way to get in touch with you and it helps establish your company’s credibility. Local listing sites help your business obtain quick exposure and in front of clients already looking for your business.
Some local listing sites are:
- Google My business
- Angie’s List
- Yellow Pages
3. MANAGE ALL YOUR ONLINE REVIEWS
Positive online reviews will help you stand out from the competition and responding to a negative review provides you with an opportunity to take a negative customer situation and potentially fix the issue.
To manage online reviews of your business, you need to know when and where they appear. …
- Respond to positive reviews.
- Manage negative reviews.
- Follow each site’s rules.
- Don’t post fake reviews.
- Encourage positive reviews.
4. ADVERTISE WITH GOOGLE ADS
The most common way to advertise with Google Adwords is through search Pay-Per-Click ads. Search ads appear on Google’s search engine when people look for the services you offer.
You can target keywords or phrases like “Pest Control Companies” or “Pest Control Services” so when someone searches these terms, your listing appears.
Why advertising with google?
- PPC ads produce fast results.
- Paid search ads help you generate more qualified leads.
- PPC ads provide measurable results.
- Paid search advertising improves brand recognition.
- It’s great for local search.
- PPC ads are budget-friendly.
5. FOLLOW-UP WITH ALL YOUR LEADS
When your potential client contacts you about your services, there is a good chance they’ve talked to a few pest control companies. If you’re competing against other companies, you’ll want every possible advantage to stand out from the competition.
Follow up with your leads and you’ll demonstrate your company’s professionalism and commitment to customer service. The most common way to follow up is via email marketing or SMS text messages.
- When new leads contact you, make sure you’re collecting all their important contact information in a CRM so it’s easy for you to follow up with them.
- Give yourself a reminder to follow up with your client the next day. For pest control companies, a simple email or phone call is all that is required.
- Your client might not always remember you, but if you remember them, your customer service will stand out.