Legitimate Versus Illegitimate Up-Selling
Nowadays, garage door consumers are more aware of how to distinguish between a legitimate and an illegitimate up-sell effort when dealing with garage door installers and repairmen.
Consumers when in need of such service will search online and contact the first providers listed on the first page of Google. It is important for you to provide them with a variety of touchpoints and a good reputation for choosing you as the garage door installation or repair service.
How do you make this happen? Thanks to modern world technology, now your garage door business can be developed, operated, and grown by choosing online marketing. It is a great way to get your garage door business noticed to your target audience.
5 EXCELLENT LEAD GENERATION IDEAS FOR YOUR GARAGE DOORS BUSINESS
1. DEVELOP MOBILE FRIENDLY WEBSITE
Many garage door websites do not have the format to be usable on mobile phone screens. People are looking for a service they can trust and providing a good website experience is part of the brand recognition and lead generation process.
What needs to be done?
- It’s easy to read the text (no squinting)
- It’s fast to navigate (images optimization)
- It needs to be secure (SSL protection)
- It’s easy to navigate (buttons and links are large enough to be tapped with a finger)
- It’s pleasing to look at (the user experience is enjoyable)
2. MANAGE YOUR REPUTATION
Garage door repair services involve access to people’s homes, customers want to know that you’re trustworthy. One of the main ways they’ll check this is through online reviews.
It’s basically a necessity for a garage door repair service to have a positive review profile and testimonials. When you finish a successful service, ask the client to leave you a review – just say you’d appreciate it.
- 93% of consumers say online reviews impact their purchasing decisions. (Podium)
- 89% of consumers read businesses’ responses to reviews. (BrightLocal)
- 93% of people who use mobile to research go on to complete a purchase of a product or service. Most purchases happen in physical stores. (Google/Nielson)
3. DOMINATE PAGE ONE OF SEARCH RESULTS
Garage door repair and installation is not a service people use frequently. This means that when they do have a need, they’ll go to Google Search to find local services. You want to be all over page one. There are three ways to dominate search results.
- Pay-per-click advertising. These ads are run through auction-based systems like Google Adwords and Bing Ad
- Google My Business. This is the maps listing and review platform Google uses for geo-targeted searches.
- SEO. The organic website listings. These are also free clicks, with ranking gained by optimizing your website for keywords, gaining links, getting social media traffic, and adding content to your blog.
4. CONTENT MARKETING
Video is a fast way to spruce up your marketing and get your main message across. It will help you in search, and will also rank on YouTube searches.
People shopping for garage doors or experiencing problems with their openers often research online. They’re looking for information on how to set their openers, choose the right opener for their needs, and diagnose issues.
Tip: You can use videos on your Youtube channel and blog articles to provide useful information for these leads. You provide this information to be helpful, but it also helps your SEO and Youtube rankings.
Online consumers surf the web, drift around online, about as committed to a direction as a leaf in the wind. It’s because of this behavior that retargeting ads work so well.
These are ads that appear on the web and social media after a person visits your website. Retargeting is a reminder for leads to follow through and contact you.